THIS RIDE IS HELD TWICE ANNUALLY IN APRIL AND NOVEMBER.
The Jamaica Reggae Ride will take cyclists on a 3 day, escorted bike ride across the scenic south and north of the island of Jamaica. The route passes through stunning landscapes, passing coconut & banana plantations, white sand beaches and through quaint fishing villages.
There will be some fast flats and a few climbs, but we cater to ALL pace levels. If you are an elite cyclist, be prepared to be challenged by the island's top champions and if you are a newbie or intermediate cyclist, know that we make it fun for everyone and there is full service support at all times along the way.
NO ONE IS EVER ALONE ON THE ROAD BY THEMSELVES EVER!
This is a concierge service tour with pros as tour leaders.
Our stops are well planned so as to ensure everyone experiences the real Jamaica: we will have a rest stop at a farmer's market, have a visit with local school children and you have the option to climb a cascading 600ft waterfall! The Jamaican people are warm and genuinely friendly. You'll get to meet them up close and in their real world!
There is time in the afternoons to meet up with fellow cyclists, spouses and friends to explore the island's beaches, restaurants and attractions or to take in a massage or visit a spa.
So come on, let's ride!
Let us show you why Jamaica is truly the "heartbeat" of the Caribbean
DAY 1 : ARRIVAL
Montego Bay Airport (MBJ)
We highly recommend to arrive on the earliest flight you can get into MBJ airport.
Upon arrival go to Desk8, Holiday Services for your airport transfer to Negril
DAY 2: Negril to Southcoast and interior 52 miles
Travel on the southside of Jamaica to areas rarely seen by tourists. It's an in-depth visit to the interior of the island and the "real" Jamaica. There are scenic views of the Caribbean with smooth gently undulating, roads. We will be riding through a lot of sugar cane plantation country and of course stop to sample some too. Sugar cane juice provides natural energy from the source.
DAY 3 : Negril to Montego Bay: 56 miles cycling
A scenic ride with a few rollers, along the northcoast of the island. We start along the southcoast and then return to the northcoast to enjoy coconuts with Sugar, the vendor who has been serving our tours since 2009 in the Lucea Market. Drink fresh coconut water straight from the nut and walk through the farmers market. We then head to the tourism capital of the island of Montego Bay.
DAY 4: Montego Bay to Ocho Rios: 60 miles cycling
Today sees us heading along the northcoast of the island, along perfectly paved roads, that goes through historic places like Runaway Bay, where slaves escaped by boats, and Discovery Bay where Christopher Columbus first set foot on Jamaican soil. There are a few climbs along the way!
Even those doing the shorter distance get to challenge themselves! We stop at the Joe James Gallery where school children come out to sing and we have a visit from a nearby orphanage (our official charity).
After lunch there is an option to stop at the island's number on attraction: Dunns River Waterfalls. (Entrance fee not included) Here the water cascades from 660ft straight into the warm Caribbean sea, and we have the challenge to climb to the very top! Its as exhilarating as it is invigorating and not to be missed!
DAY 5: DEPARTURE
Transport from Holiday Inn Sunspree to Montego Bay airport
Every effort will be made to adhere to the planned route. Any unforeseen adjustments will be noted on our website in advance of the event , noted on the route guides, or explained by our Ride tour Leaders and Road Master during the Jamaica Reggae Ride. There are no refunds or compensations for any route changes, whatsoever.
ARRIVAL MONTEGO BAY
Airport transfers from Montego Bay airport to Negril
- 3:00-4:00pm - Welcome briefing. This is your chance to meet the Ride Master, Tour leaders, other staff and the other riders. We have a brief talk on the ride, what to expect, and answer any questions.
- 6:30pm - Dinner (not included). There will be an optional dinner out at a selected restaurant.
Overnight Hotel: Rooms Negril (included)
Negril - Savanna-la-mar - Frome - Grange Hill - Negril
- 06:30-07:00 - Breakfast
- 07:00-07:30 - Photos and then Ride out
- 11:30am Return to hotel
- 12noon - 1pm Lunch
- 6:30pm-8:00pm Optional dinner out (not included).
Overnight Hotel : Rooms Negril
Negril - Sheffield - Green Island - Montego Bay
- 06:00-06:30 - Luggage drop-off at reception and check out of hotel
- 06:30-07:00 - Breakfast
- 11:30am Arrival at the hotel. Afternoon at leisure in this all inclusive resort.
- 6:30pm-8:00pm Optional tour to the Luminous Lagoon
- Dinner in the hotel. Hotel is an all inclusive resort. All drinks and food are included here.
Overnight hotel : Holiday Inn Sunspree
Montego Bay to Ocho Rios
- 05:30-06:00 Luggage drop-off at reception and check out of hotel
- 06:00-06:30 Breakfast
- 06:30 Ride out
- 1:00pm Lunch in Ocho Rios
2:00-4:00pm Optional tour: Dunns River Waterfalls Tour or Mystic Mountain (not included)
Overnight hotel: Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort (all inclusive)
Departure to MBJ Airport (transfers included)
- Package A $1599 . $200 extra if booked after Jan 31 for the April ride.
- Payment plan package AN $1799 Payments in two parts.( Deposit $599 to hold your place, balance $1200 due by Jan 31 for April ride
- Package C $1399 Participants who are not cycling.
Package Rates are per person and include:
- Arrival airport transport to Negril (from MBJ airport)
- Departure airport transport to Montego Bay airport
- Transportation of luggage between hotels
- Transportation back to the airport
- 4 nights hotel accommodation based on twin/double occupancy, including 2 nights in an all inclusive resort
- 4 breakfasts
- 3 lunches ( 1 lunch all inclusive at Holiday Inn)
- 2 dinners (all inclusive stay at Holiday Inn )
- Official tour leaders and cycling guide support.
- Technical support along the entire route
- Sag wagon ( support vehicle) with each group of riders.
- Police Escorted ride
- Certified First Aid personnel
- Refreshment stop every 20 miles - included.
- Water, Hydration fluid, Fruits and snacks included
- Official Finishers medal
Single supplement option: US$359 ( At registration on the Active registration system, this is found under Additional Purchases)
All participants who do not pay for the single supplement, are automatically paired with another cyclist of the same gender, in a twin bedded room.
What is NOT included: Lunch for arrival day , 2 dinners, Optional Tours, Bike setup/repack , Bike rental, Tips for the staff, Travel medical insurance.
Additional nights pre or post the ride are available and can be booked under Extras when you are registering on active.com. The rates below are per ROOM per night, single or double occupancy is the same rate! So if you are sharing with someone, just one person books the room.
Rooms Negril $99 Holiday Inn Sunspree $190, all inclusive
Payments are made via
There is no agency or club that can collect deposits or payments on our behalf at any time.
There is the option to pay in FULL, or to pay in two parts, however as Active.com software does NOT have a system for partial payments, it means you will have to do two separate registrations: one for each part.
If you are a couple or two friends traveling together, and both are cycling, you will each need to register individually. Then just send an email stating you wish to share a room and if you wish to have a king or twin beds and we will put you in the room together.